How to save a life...

It's September 19, 2008 and I took the first step, which is often the hardest.

Have you ever heard of the Dr. Cohen Diet?

Maybe not. I first heard about it in 2007, on one of those AOL Celebrity diet features. I looked into and thought, man that is too good to be true. But, I registered anyway but never paid. It was September and I decided to go on the ediets food delivery program.

Ironically, a year later, almost to the date. I'm ready. I really am. Last September, I just gained weight and even though I wanted to get skinny, I didn't really do anything to stop getting fat. Sure, I ate different, maybe walked more. I even tried a "delivery food plan" which just made me gain 10 more lbs.

I wasn't ready to lose weight and this is the key difference. I've changed and I want to keep changing.

I started doing some more reading early this week and have actually found personal stories of those on the Cohen Diet. It worked, and it worked fast and well.

Some people are put off by the cost ($249 plus blood work) and that they do not recommend starting to exercise if you do not already. Sure, this bugs me too, but I started walking 12-20 miles a week, and have been for about 2 months and I was accepted into the program.

I paid the fee today, and will go for my blood test in the next few days. After that, I got my final acceptance into the program and will start the diet.

The hardest thing for me, will be learning to cook. I don't. I reheat, or buy it prepared, which I know will be my biggest obstacle. I don't care.

It's 12 little weeks. 12, that's it. Sure there is Thanksgiving, I have a small family, so it will be fine. I have, or at least think I will be told that I need to lose 69lbs or 32kg in the next 12 weeks. If not I will need to add an additional 12 weeks. Compared to what others have lost, this is not really a lot.

I want to do it in the 12 week time span. I have, at one other time lost this much weight in less time. I once lost 50lbs, eating in a similar fashion.

Yes, I gained it back, because my husband and I decided to eat like pigs. We went out to eat EVERY NIGHT for 6 months after our wedding. Smart right?

I got divorced, and lost the weight but then suffered an injury that required over 12 months of rehab... and I ended up at this weight.

I am starting off at 205, (I've already lost 12 lbs prior to Dr. Cohen's Diet).

Hopefully by Dec 20 (or 27th depending on when I start the program) I will be at the magical weight of 136. A weight I haven't been in 10 years. A weight, which is my ideal BMI.

I know it might take longer, but I've done this rabid loss before and I am now ready to lose the weight.

Fat, you better watch out.

0 comments: